This is your Whistler Vacation Club management team,
Marlene Coleman nee Scott
General Manager/Executive Director
To understand Marlene’s drive, one merely has to look at her past. Marlene completed her first ultra – distance running race in 1996, a 56 mile (90km) race named Comrades Marathon in South Africa. Her next big race was New York Marathon in 2001, followed by competing in the infamous Ironman Canada Triathlon in 2007, and running Boston Marathon in 2010. Many short triathlons, multiple marathons and ironman events have occurred in between as she’s an avid swimmer, runner, and keen cyclist. Marlene participates in the Vancouver to Whistler Gran Fondo each year, representing an Italian cycling club founded in Tuscany, Italy.
Marlene received her strata and rental real estate license in 2008 from the University of British Columbia and added an Advanced Strata Management License from Langara College.
Her competitive nature and extensive education and business experience is the cornerstone to understanding the fundamentals of financial management, budgets, goals and objectives and in providing value to our Club.
Marlene established a sound business foundation at a young age, having founded a candy manufacturing company in South Africa which distributed high end candy products to retail outlets throughout South Africa, Australia and North America. She sold the business and studied to receive her Executive MBA before arriving in Canada in 1998.
Her eye for innovation, business acumen and a commitment to clean principled management has been the key to her leadership and success.
• Detailed Financial Manager with excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail with over 40 years of financial experience in the forestry, pulp and paper industry.
• Previous position was Directory, Strategy and Planning responsible for the coordination of the monthly forecasting and annual planning process for the company with sales in excess of $1.8 billion.
• Worked closely with the CEO and CFO to provide analytical and financial support for material sent to the Board of Directors.
• Worked on numerous special studies including assessing the viability of merging or purchasing other companies that would complement existing facilities.
• Recognized as someone who is constantly looking for opportunities to improve processes and eliminate duplication.
• Served as the Strata Treasurer for own condo complex for 7 years and continue to provide financial guidance.
Roberta was born and raised in beautiful White Rock, BC and continues to live close by. A mother of 2 little boys that keep her more than busy, when Roberta finds some free time her favorite thing to do is to go on nature walks with her kids and dogs anywhere near water.
Most summers you can find Roberta travelling around BC racing a… monster truck. Winters are mostly spent at kids hockey games and on snowboards with the family. Roberta has a background in marketing, custom brokerage, design work, and customer service.
Cindy was born and raised in sunny Durban, South Africa. She has just celebrated her first anniversary in White Rock Canada after spending 8 years in the deserts of the United Arab Emirates. It’s a truly international household with a British husband, a daughter born Africa and a rescue dog from Mexico!
Cindy’s background is in forensic auditing but her love of the hospitality industry started with her beautiful Bed & Breakfast in her beachfront hometown!
She’s never far from the ocean and in her spare time can be found running, exploring the trails around beautiful BC and traveling whenever possible!
Armand was born in 1983 and hails from Eastern Europe. There he finished school and worked as a builder. Armand has a passion for travelling and has been to countries all over Europe and plans to continue exploring Canada as well as other countries.
In 2012 Armand re located to Whistler BC to enjoy the mountain life.